Thursday, August 5, 2010

Diary of a Hungry White Woman

I have weigh-in tonight.  And I'm scared.  Really scared.  I've done all my workouts, even upping my weight routine and crunches.  (PS--crunches really start to hurt when you hit 125.  Not while you're doing them.  But later that night, while you're lying in bed trying to sleep, sharp pains will run down your sides.  The burn means it's working, right?  Lord I hope so!) But my eating habits have been pretty poor. 

I've had to run out to lunch twice this week due to a forgotten sandwhich and one mistakenly made with moldy bread.  Yum.  I did try to do the healthist thing I could find--a Jersey Mike's sandwich.  A salad is healthier you say?  Well where were you on Monday and Wednesday?!  I got a mini, turkey sub on wheat bread with no mayo.  The rest of the stuff on there was veggies so that counts as a salad, right?  Anyway, of my choices at good ol' JM's that one was pretty good.  So I ate it both days.  Yeah, the people working there noticed.  And yeah, I don't care. 

Then for dinner on Tuesday I was on my own--Steven went straight to hockey from work.  So I ate those Tyson Anytizers (aka frozen, fried "chicken" bites) with--wait for it--ranch dressing.  I heard you gasp. I know, I know.  It's ridiculous.  I won't even mention the sqaush I ate with it.  Yes, squash is a vegetable.  But once my Mama gets done with it, every ounce of nutritional value has been beaten from it.  But dang it was good! 

Last night I had dinner with my homie Jaime.  (love, love, love that girl!) We were good little healthy eaters and went to Harris Teeter and made our own salads.  Oh yes we did!  And then we went to Starbucks for Iced White Chocolate Mochas (small, er tall, er whatever they call the little ones there).  Oh, and a slice of coffee cake.  It was low(er) fat!  

Today I made tuna for lunch.  After I mixed in the mayo i realized that not only had i used way too much (I really try to limit it) but I used the real kind!  I have low fat mayo (yep, it's just as ick as it sounds) and Steven has regular fatty, fat mayo (yeah, the good kind).  I used his.  And I'm going to eat it.  sigh* For dinner we are trying a chicken enchilada recipe (courtesy of my friend Mary Alice) that is a healthier version of one of our favorite dishes.  So, minus my mayo fiasco, today should be ok. 

The scale doesn't lie (Actually I find him to be a superbly capable liar.  I refuse to believe some of the numbers he throw at me!) so we'll find out for sure how my eating messed with me this week.  Oh and did I mention that I'm hungry right now?!  Yeah, it's true.  And I want a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment